Sunday, March 1, 2015

Movie Review by Metahuman Dave: Batman: Assault on Arkham

If you are a comic book fan and you haven't seen this movie yet, you need to do yourself the favor and check it out.
Although, I'd make sure to watch it without the young kids around. I was a little surprised to find out Batman: Assault on Arkham only had a PG-13 rating, I feel they really pushed the envelop with this one.


I'm not really a fan of live-action movies based on comic books, I feel they always drop the ball. Usually the story line is way off or way too watered down. Animated movies, especially the ones by DC are usually action packed and follow a good story line, true to the comics history. (or in this case, the storyline surrounding the Batman videogames)

Batman: Assault on Arkham had a great storyline following the Suicide Squad, "Task Force X", infiltrating Arkham prison under the direct orders of Amanda Waller to steal the harddrive in The Riddler's cane. The action was on point, plenty of great fight scenes and some pretty gnarly death scenes. One of my favorite involved Killer Frost which reminded me of a Mortal Kombat like Fatality..freezing a guards head and then pushing him over so his head shatters. There are some bloody scenes, swearing and a few sex/suggested nude scenes which is why I was pretty shocked that it was only a PG-13. I feel this was directed at an older audience. DC did a great job of telling the story in a way where you were rooting for the Suicide Squad.
You may not have heard of many of the characters, but you still ended up either liking or hating each one. (Captain Boomerang?...lame)
Harley Quinn was awesome and perfectly insane. Funny and likeable. "Yahtzee!"

Joker was on point. Killer Frost and King Shark were an interesting duo. They even made Deadshot likeable to where he seemed more like a hero than a villain.
Even though Batman is in the title, he only shows up towards the end of the movie.

I thought the animation was top-notch and the voice acting for the characters were among the best.
In my opinion, this was one of the best comic book based movies put out there.
(even though the "twist" at the end was far from a surprise and sadly predictable, it didn't ruin the movie for me)

I'd love to hear your opinions on the movie, and please try to keep the nerd rage to a minimum

If you have any suggestions for movies I should check out or review, leave a comment below or email me at Dave@metahumanfitness.com


Don't miss a blog post by making sure to "follow" this blog. not all blogs will be in the newsletter or posted to Facebook so the only way to see each post is by following here on Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment