Yes, I live in California. So our Winters aren't as cold as they are in the East Coast....
BUT our mornings and nights do get Pre-tty darn cold. Mornings especially.
So what better way to start a cold morning, than with a hot bowl of oatmeal.....Protein Oatmeal!!
Here's my breakfast from today, warmed me up and gave me energy, and super quick and easy to make!
- bring about 1 cup of water to a boil
- add about 1/2 cup of oats to boiling water (lower temp to medium)
- add about a tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter
- sprinkle some cinnamon
- drizzle some honey (to taste)
- stir well and let cook for about 5-7 minutes
**You can see my bowl steaming and ready to eat! My bowl has about 1 cup of the cooked oatmeal, and this recipe makes about 4-6 servings.
Super yummy, and has what you need to get the morning going.
PS-You can also add some fruits to this, such as cut up bananas, any types of berries for example.
Enjoy! and Stay Warm!